Oct. 17, 2011
|Thur.||Oct. 20||Seattle University||Virginia Street Gym, (1,800)||7:00 p.m.|
|Sat.||Oct. 22||at Fresno State||Save Mart Center, (15,596)||7:00 p.m.|
|For tickets to home matches call 348-PACK||All Times Pacific|
UNIVERSITY OF NEVADA
Record: 3-15 WAC: 1-6
Seattle University Redhawks
Fresno State Bulldogs
Record: 8-11 WAC: 3-4
|WATCH LIVE VIDEO STREAM: All University of Nevada home volleyball matches will be streamed live on the internet again this season for a nominal fee. Fans may use the following link to sign up for viewing the matches. NevadaWolfPack.TV
LIVE STATS: Live up to the minute stats during home and selected road contests can be viewed on the internet for Nevada volleyball by following the link below and clicking on gametracker located to the right under next event.
Nevada Hosts Seattle Thursday At Fresno State Saturday: After dropping two Western Athletic Conference road matches Nevada hosts Seattle University (4-14) in its final nonconference tilt of the season on Thursday then travels to Fresno State (8-11, 3-4 WAC) for a conference match on Saturday. Both matches are set for 7:00 p.m. starts.
The Wolf Pack won the only other meeting with the Redhawks 3-1 back on Sept. 7, 2008 in Reno. FS won the first meeting with the Pack earlier this season in Reno 3-2 on Sept. 24.
Hawai`i Remains Perfect In WAC Play: Hawai`i (7-0) defeated second place New Mexico State (6-1) 3-2 last week to remain perfect in the Western Athletic Conference standings at 7-0. Idaho (5-2) is third followed by Utah State (4-3), Fresno State (3-4), San Jose State (2-5), Nevada (1-6) and Louisiana Tech (0-7).
WOLF PACK NOTES
- Senior setter Tatiana Santiago became the sixth player in school history to record 2,000 assists in a career accomplishing the feat in the Sept. 9, Sacramento State match. After her 34 assist performance at Utah State on Oct. 15 she has 2,387 career assists moving her past Alanna Whitnack's (1997-98) 2,383 into fifth on the Pack's career list.
- Nevada's 3-0 WAC win over Louisiana Tech on Oct. 8 snapped a five-match losing skid and an eight-match WAC losing streak dating back to last season.
- Senior right side hitter Erin Garvey hit .786 in the Pack's 3-0 victory over Louisiana Tech. Garvey finished with a team-high 11 kills with no errors on 14 attempts.
- Santiago's 63 assists in the Aug. 26 Portland match is one off her career-high of 64 set versus Idaho on Nov 4, 2010.
- Santiago has five of Nevada's 10 double-doubles on the season with two coming in the Portland Nike Invitational. Junior outside hitter Elissa Ji recorded her third at Idaho with 11 kills and 13 digs. Sophomore outside hitter Grace Anxo has the other two Pack double-doubles.
- Freshman middle blocker Tessa Lea'ea posted a career and match-high 18 kills in the win at Portland. Lea'ea is hitting .318 on the season which is seventh in the WAC and her .325 attack percentage in conference play is ninth. In WAC play she ranks 10th in points averaging 2.96 per set.
- Libero Kelly Chang totaled a career-best 22 digs at San Jose State on Oct. 1. It was her second 20 plus dig match of the season with the other being 21 versus Butler on Sept. 2. Chang has led the Pack in digs 11 times with five being match highs. Her 3.41 digs per set is fifth in the WAC and 3.54 in WAC play ranks fourth.
- Junior middle blocker Janelle Batista is hitting .316 on the season which ranks eighth in the WAC. Batista is ninth in points (3.37 pps). In conference play she ranks eighth in points (3.25 pps) and 10th in kills (2.71 kps)
- Lea'ea (.650) and Batista (.613) both hit over .600 in the first Portland match on Aug. 26. Lea'ea hit .636 against Louisiana Tech on Oct. 8.
- Santiago's 9.61 assists per set ranks fourth in the WAC and 10.29 in WAC play are third.
- Sophomore defensive specialist Brianna Heinen had a career-high 20 digs to lead the Pack in the Sacramento State match.
- Sophomore outside hitter Grace Anxo is second in the WAC averaging .35 service aces per set. Santiago is tied for eighth in WAC play averaging .29 service aces per set.
- Five different players have led Nevada in kills in a match this season; Batista (6), Anxo (4), Lea'ea (4), Ji (3) and Garvey (3).
- Five Pack players reached double figures in kills in the Aug. 26, Portland match; Batista (20), Anxo (17), Lea'ea (14), Garvey (12) and Ji (12).
- Nevada ranks sixth in hitting percentage (.170 %), sixth in assists (11/03 aps), seventh in blocks (1.77 bps), eighth in digs (12.45 dps), eighth in opponent hitting percentage (.252), sixth in kills (11.83 kps) and fourth in service aces (1.28 saps) in the WAC.
- In WAC play Nevada ranks fourth in hitting percentage (.206 %), third in assists (11.71 aps), sixth in blocks (1.73 bps), eighth in digs (10.42 dps), seventh in opponent hitting percentage (.295), fifth in kills (12.25 kps) and fourth in service aces (1.25 saps) in the WAC.