Oct. 10, 2011
|Thur.||Oct. 13||at Idaho||Moscow, Idaho (Memorial Gym (1,500)||7:00 p.m.|
|Sat.||Oct. 15||at Utah State||Logan, Utah (Smith Spectrum (10,270)||6:00 p.m.|
|For tickets to home matches call 348-PACK||All Times Pacific|
UNIVERSITY OF NEVADA
Record: 3-13 WAC: 1-4
Record: 9-9 WAC: 3-2
Utah State Aggies
Record: 7-11 WAC: 2-3
|WATCH LIVE VIDEO STREAM: All University of Nevada home volleyball matches will be streamed live on the internet again this season for a nominal fee. Fans may use the following link to sign up for viewing the matches. NevadaWolfPack.TV
LIVE STATS: Live up to the minute stats during home and selected road contests can be viewed on the internet for Nevada volleyball by following the link below and clicking on gametracker located to the right under next event.
Nevada At Idaho and Utah State This Week: After two earning its first Western Athletic Conference win of the season over Louisiana Tech last weekend Nevada (3-13, 1-4 WAC) returns to the road for a pair of conference matches this week. The Wolf Pack are at Idaho (9-9, 3-2 WAC) on Thursday at 7:00 p.m. then play at Utah State (7-11, 2-3 WAC) on Saturday night at 6:00 p.m. PT.
Hawai`i And NMSU Battle For Top Spot In WAC: Hawai`i (5-0) and New Mexico State (5-0) are both 5-0 in Western Athletic Conference play and square off on Wednesday in Las Cruces, N.M. Fresno State (3-2) and Idaho (3-2) are tied for third followed by Utah State (2-3). SJSU and Nevada are both 1-4 while Louisiana Tech is winless at 0-5.
WOLF PACK NOTES
- Nevada’s 3-0 WAC win over Louisiana Tech on Oct. 8 snapped a five-match losing skid and an eight-match WAC losing streak dating back to last season.
- Senior right side hitter Erin Garvey hit .786 in the Pack’s 3-0 victory over Louisiana Tech. Garvey finished with a team-high 11 kills with no errors on 14 attempts.
- Senior setter Tatiana Santiago became the sixth player in school history to record 2,000 assists in a career accomplishing the feat in the Sept. 9, Sacramento State match. Her 2,316 assists ranks sixth behind Alanna Whitnack’s (1997-98) 2,383.
- Santiago’s 63 assists in the Aug. 26 Portland match is one off her career-high of 64 set versus Idaho on Nov 4, 2010.
- Santiago has five of Nevada’s nine double-doubles on the season with two coming in the Portland Nike Invitational. Sophomore outside hitter Grace Anxo and junior outside hitter Elissa Ji have two each.
- Freshman middle blocker Tessa Lea’ea posted a career and match-high 18 kills in the win at Portland. Lea’ea is hitting .314 on the season which is ninth in the WAC and her .312 attack percentage in conference play is also ninth.
- Libero Kelly Chang totaled a career-best 22 digs at San Jose State on Oct. 1. It was her second 20 plus dig match of the season with the other being 21 versus Butler on Sept. 2. Chang has led the Pack in digs 10 times with four being match highs. Her 3.49 digs per set is fifth in the WAC and 3.88 in WAC play ranks fourth.
- Junior middle blocker Janelle Batista is hitting .334 on the season which ranks fourth in the WAC and her .356 attack percentage in conference matches is fifth. Batista is ninth in points (3.48 pps) and kills (2.96 kps) in the WAC. In conference play she is also ranks ninth in both categories averaging 3.53 points and 3.06 kills per set.
- Lea’ea (.650) and Batista (.613) both hit over .600 in the first Portland match on Aug. 26. Lea’ea hit .636 against Louisiana Tech on Oct. 8.
- Santiago’s 9.54 assists per set ranks fourth in the WAC and 10.35 in WAC play are also fourth.
- Sophomore defensive specialist Brianna Heinen had a career-high 20 digs to lead the Pack in the Sacramento State match.
- Sophomore outside hitter Grace Anxo is second in the WAC averaging .39 service aces per set. Santiago is sixth in WAC play averaging .36 service aces per set.
- Five different players have led Nevada in kills in a match this season; Batista (6), Anxo (4), Ji (3), Lea’ea (3) and Garvey (3).
- Five Pack players reached double figures in kills in the Aug. 26, Portland match; Batista (20), Anxo (17), Lea’ea (14), Garvey (12) and Ji (12).
- Nevada ranks sixth in hitting percentage (.172 %), sixth in assists (10.95 aps), eighth in blocks (1.75 bps), seventh in digs (12.88 dps), eighth in opponent hitting percentage (.244), sixth in kills (11.81 kps) and fourth in service aces (1.35 saps) in the WAC.
- In WAC play Nevada ranks fifth in hitting percentage (.228 %), fourth in assists (11.71 aps), sixth in blocks (1.65 bps), seventh in digs (11.00 dps), seventh in opponent hitting percentage (.282), fifth in kills (12.35 kps) and second in service aces (1.47 saps) in the WAC.