April 13, 2012
MOSCOW, Idaho – The University of Nevada women’s tennis team fell 4-3 to Idaho Friday, on the road in a Western Athletic Conference match.
Nevada is 5-9 (0-2 WAC) after the loss, while Idaho improved to 16-5 (1-1 WAC) with the win.
The contest was decided at the last four singles positions, where Idaho won to take the match. Sophie Stevens won her first set 6-1 at No. 3, but dropped the last two sets 6-4 to Molly Knox.
The Wolf Pack jumped out in front against the Vandals, taking the doubles point with wins at the first two positions. Michelle Okhremchuk and Emma Verberne won at No. 1 for the third straight match, defeating Victoria Lozano and Almudena Sanz 9-8 (7-4). Their victory clinched the doubles point for Nevada. Sophie Stevens and Juliette Legendre won 8-5 at No. 2.
Okhremchuk and Verberne also won in singles play. Each victory came in straight-set fashion. Okhremchuk won 6-0, 6-3, with Verberne winning 6-1, 6-4.
Nevada will stay on the road to take on Gonzaga on Sunday at 9 a.m., before returning to Reno for its final two matches of the regular season. The Pack will meet Utah State on April 21 and Hawai’i on April 22.
April 13, 2012
Idaho 4, Nevada 3
1. Michelle Okhremchuk/Emma Verberne (NEV) def. Victoria Lozano/Almudena Sanz (UI) 9-8 (7-4)
2. Sophie Stevens/Juliette Legendre (NEV) def. Molly Knox/Sophie Vickers (UI) 8-5
3. Alejandra Lozano/Beatriz Flores (UI) def. Gabriela Eufrasio/Rymma Maslova (NEV) 8-6
1. Michelle Okhremchuk (NEV) def. Victoria Lozano (UI) 6-0, 6-3
2. Emma Verberne (NEV) def. Almudena Sanz (UI) 6-1, 6-4
3. Molly Knox (UI) def. Sophie Stevens (NEV) 1-6, 6-4, 6-4
4. Sophie Vickers (UI) def. Juliette Legendre (NEV) 6-3, 6-2
5. Alejandra Lozano (UI) def. Gabriela Eufrasio (NEV) 7-5, 6-4
6. Beatriz Flores (UI) def. Rymma Maslova (NEV) 6-4, 6-0