Pack Falls 6-1 to Sacramento State
March 10, 2012
SAN DIEGO, Calif. – Michelle Okhremchuk won at the No. 1 singles position, but the University of Nevada women’s tennis team dropped a 6-1 decision to No. 55 Sacramento State Saturday.
The loss dropped Nevada to 3-6, while Sacramento State improved to 9-6.
Okhremchuk defeated Tatsiana Kapshai 6-0, 6-4 at the first position, tallying her fifth singles win of the dual season. For the second match in a row, the Wolf Pack fell behind early. The Hornets took the doubles point with three wins.
Emma Verberne won her singles match against San Diego on Friday, but could not earn back-to-back victories against Sacramento State.
In its next match, Nevada will take on Santa Clara on the road on Friday.
Tennis Match Results
Sacramento State vs Nevada
Mar 10, 2012 at San Diego, Calif.
(West Tennis Courts)
#55 Sacramento State 6, Nevada 1
1. Okhremchuk, Michelle (NEVADA) def. KAPSHAI, Tatsiana (SACW) 6-0, 6-4
2. BACA, Clarisse (SACW) def. Verberne, Emma (NEVADA) 7-6 (7-3), 6-4
3. DELGADO, Rebeca (SACW) def. Stevens, Sophie (NEVADA) 6-3, 6-2
4. LOHSCHEIDT, Sophie (SACW) def. Legendre, Juliette (NEVADA) 6-4, 6-2
5. KNOEBL, Katharina (SACW) def. Maslova, Rymma (NEVADA) 6-1, 6-1
6. MELIUK, Maria (SACW) def. Eufrasio, Gabriela (NEVADA) 6-1, 6-1
1. KAPSHAI, Tatsiana/DELGADO, Rebeca (SACW) def. VERBERNE, Emma/LEGENDRE, Juliette (NEVADA) 8-4
2. MELIUK, Maria/BACA, Clarisse (SACW) def. OKHREMCHUK, Michelle/STEVENS, Sophie (NEVADA) 8-2
3. KNOEBL, Katharina/LOHSCHEIDT, Sophie (SACW) def. EUFRASIO, Gabriela/MASLOVA, Rymma (NEVADA) 8-0
Match Notes: Sacramento State 9-6; National ranking #55 Nevada 3-6
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2,1); Singles (6,4,1,3,5,2)