March 18, 2014
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Nevada’s Erin Jones has been named Mountain West Softball Player of the Week, while San Dieog State’s Danielle O’Toole earned MW Pitcher of Week honors for games held March 11-16. It is the second MW weekly accolade this season for O’Toole, and first for Jones.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Erin Jones, NEVADA
Senior, First Baseman, Antioch, Calif./Sacramento State
• Went 10-for-17 (.588) at the plate with seven RBIs and six runs scored as Nevada went 6-1 on the week.
• Drew four walks as she registered an on-base percentage of .667.
• Turned a double play in the March 15 victory over UC Davis (4-3), making a jumping catch on a hard-hit line drive and then diving to beat the runner back to the bag at first base to preserve a tie game in the sixth inning.
• Registered 15 total bases and recorded a slugging percentage of .882 on the week.
• Hit three doubles and a triple and had two or more hits in four of the seven games played.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
DANIELLE O’TOOLE, SAN DIEGO STATE
Sophomore, Left-handed Pitcher, Upland, Calif./St. Lucy’s HS
• Helped San Diego State to a 4-1 record at the San Diego State Classic II by going 4-0 in the circle with a 0.97 ERA over 21.2 innings pitched.
• Pitched in all five games, starting three with two complete games and shutout.
• She struck out 18 batters against three walks, while limiting the opposition to a .207 batting average. All 17 hits she allowed were singles.
• Went the distance in the 5-0 win against Long Beach State on March 14, surrendering six hits and two walks while posting a pair of strikeouts.
2014 Mountain West Softball Players of the Week
Feb. 11 – Jessie Hufstetler, So., IF, San José State
Feb. 18 – Amanda Weis, So., OF, Nevada
Feb. 25 – Jessica Garcia, Sr., C, San José State
March 4 – Jasmine Casados, Fr., 3B, New Mexico
March 11 – Jasmine Casados, Fr., 3B, New Mexico
March 18 – Erin Jones, Sr., 1B, Nevada
2014 Mountain West Softball Pitchers of the Week
Feb. 11 – Allison Lang, Jr., RHP, San José State
Feb. 18 – Holly Reinke, So., RHP, Colorado State
Feb. 25 – Morgan Ettinger, Fr., RHP, UNLV
March 4 – Danielle O’Toole, So., LHP, San Diego State
March 11 – Kiley Shae Aldridge, R-So., LHP, Fresno State
March 18 – Danielle O’Toole, So., LHP, San Diego State