Women's Hoops to Face La Tech in WAC Tournament Semifinals Friday Afternoon
Third-seeded Nevada will face the second-seed La Tech Lady Techsters Friday afternoon at 2:30 p.m. in the semifinals of the 2009 WAC Tournament. The winner of the La Tech/Nevada game will face the winner of the Fresno State/Utah State game on Saturday in teh championship game with the winner advancing to the NCAA Tournament.
- Nevada advanced to its first WAC semifinal appearance since the 2007 season with a 73-65 win over Boise State Wednesday night. Nevada is 0-3 in WAC Tournament semifinal appearances.
- With the win Wednesday night Nevada improved to 4-8 overall in WAC Tournament play.
- Nevada has a 5-4 record in the WAC Tournament when the tournament is hosted by Nevada (2-2 in 2005, 2-2 in 2006 and 1-0 in 2009).
- Nevada is 0-2 against La Tech in the WAC Tournament, losing to the Lady Techsters 82-56 in the quarterfinals in 2008 and falling 69-60 to La Tech in the semifinals in 2006.
- Nevada is 3-16 all-time versus La Tech but has won the last two meetings over La Tech that were played in Reno, a 74-70 win last season and a 64-57 win at home this season.
- Johnna Ward scored a season-high 21 points against
- Ward also tied her career high with five three pointers made against Boise State.
- With the win over Boise State, Nevada improved to 12-3 at home this season and is 24-6 at Lawlor Events Center since the start of the 2007-08 season.
- Shavon Moore recorded her fourth career double-double and third of the season against Boise State with 11 points and 10 rebounds. She has the most double-doubles of any active Nevada player.
- Dellena Criner became Nevada’s all-time leader in games played against Boise State. She has played in 122 career games and passed Traci Graham (2003-07) who played in 121 games during her career.