GAMES 16-17 ~ Western Athletic conference play
Wednesday, January 14, 2009 ~ 7 p.m. (MT) ~ Dee Glenn Spectrum ~
Saturday, January 17, 2009 ~ 4 p.m. (HT) ~ Stan Sheriff Center ~
RADIO: Fox Sports 1450 AM; Don Marchand, play-by-play; pregame 15 minutes before tip off
INTERNET: Live stats (nevadawolfpack.com)
SERIES HISTORY: The Nevada/Utah State series is tied at 4-4 and
About These Games
As a team
The Pack averages 11.7 assists per game, 40.0 rebounds per game, 9.9 steals per game and 14.1 made free throws per game.
Follow the Pack
On the Air (Fox Sports Radio 1450 AM): All 29 of Nevada’s regular-season games will be heard on Fox Sports Radio 1450 AM. Twenty-five of
Live Stats: All of
Live Streaming Video: All of
Danyelle Snelgro (13.6 ppg) leads three Aggies in double figures. Ana Pares averages 13.4 points per game while Lydia Whitehead averages 10.1 points per game. Whitehead also leads the team in rebounding, averaging 6.4 rebounds per game.
As a team
Keisha Kanekoa leads the team in scoring, averaging 12.8 ppg while Megan Tinnin is second averaging 9.3 ppg. Dita Liepkalne leads the team in rebounding, averaging 7.3 rpg.
As a team,
The Rainbow Wahine is coached by Jim Bolla who is in his fifth season. He as a record of 59-69 at
There will be approximately five bikes given away at halftime to five fans middle school age and under. Sign ups are at the marketing table in front of the band.
For more information and to RSVP, please contact
News and Notes
- Cherlanda Franklin averaged a double-double over the weekend, averaging 12.5 ppg and 11.0 rpg. She tied her career high with 17 points in
- Brandi Jones tied her career high with 11 rebounds in
- Dellena Criner recorded eight steals over the weekend and has 236 career steals, one behind Traci Graham (237) for the all-time record.
- Brandi Jones, who has recorded 989 career points, is averaging 9.8 ppg and would become the ninth player in program history to record at least 1,000 career points. It would also mark just the second time in history the Pack had two active 1,000 career points scorers on a roster as she would join teammate Dellena Criner. Chris Starr (1982-86; 2,356 career points) and Kit Larson (1981-85; 1,334 career points) were the other two 1,000 career point scorers who were on the same roster.
- Brandi Jones (503 career rebounds) and Cherlanda Franklin (504 career rebounds) became the 11th and 12th players in program history to record at least 500 career rebounds in Nevada’s win over New Mexico State. If Jones reaches 1,000 career points and 500 career rebounds, she would become the seventh player in history to record at least 1,000 career points and 500 career rebounds.
- Both Brandi Jones and Cherlanda Franklin are on pace to break into the career top-10 in rebounding as KaTrina Crenshaw (1994-97) is 10th on the career rebounding list with 512 career rebounds.
- This season Cherlanda Franklin has recorded 110 rebounds. Franklin, who is averaging 7.3 rebounds per game, has recorded at least 100 rebounds per season for the third time in her career.
- Dellena Criner has recorded four 20-point games this season. For her career, she has recorded 17 20-point games and two 30-point games.
- Brandi Jones tied her career high in assists, recording six against La Tech. Jones also recorded six assists at
- Shavon Moore recorded a career-high 11 rebounds against La Tech.
- Shavon Moore leads the conference in offensive rebounds with 52.
- Four players have led for been tied for the team lead in rebounds this season. Cherlanda Franklin has led
- Four players have also led or been tied for the team lead in scoring this season. Dellena Criner has led the team in scoring nine times, Brandi Jones five times, Johnna Ward once and Cherlanda Franklin once.
- Dellena Criner has made the most free throws of any player in the conference (80) and has attempted the most free throws in the WAC (97). She also leads the league in assists (67) and steals (38).
- In the Pack’s six wins this season the team is averaging 70.4 points per game while only averaging 51.9 points per game in the team’s seven losses.
- The Pack has out-rebounded or tied its opponents in rebounding in nine games this season (Eastern Washington, BYU, UNLV, St. Mary’s, Northern Iowa, #7
- Jane Albright recorded her 400th career win against
Of her 405 career wins, Albright has earned eight at
- Dellena Criner recorded a double-double against St. Mary’s (14 points and 13 assists) and was two rebounds short of a triple double.
- Dellena Criner’s 13 assists were a career high passing her previous career high of eight. Her 13 assists is fifth on
Criner Named a Finalist for the Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award
Senior point guard Dellena Criner has been selected as one of the 30 national candidates for the Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award.
The award is presented annually to the presented annually to an NCAA Division I student-athlete in nine sports. The award is based on criteria focusing on the “Four C’s” of classroom, character, community and competition, the award winners will be selected by national balloting of head basketball coaches, national media and college basketball fans.
Criner is a four-year starter for the women’s basketball team. She is a team captain this season and has become one of the best players in program history. This season she was named WAC Preseason Player of the Year and is two steals away from becoming
During her career, Criner has participated in numerous community service events during her career including the Renown Pediatric unit, Race for the Cure and Habitat for Humanity.
Criner has maintained a 3.01 cumulative GPA in accounting and has been named to the WAC All-Academic Team all three years. Criner is the only nominee from the WAC.
Criner is the third student-athlete at
Collect all 15 University of Nevada Basketball Player Trading Cards
At each home game this season, fans will have the opportunity to collect trading cards featuring each member of the 2008-09 team. Each player will have a trading card night and after the game that player will be available at the marketing table in front of the band to sign their cards. A game-by-game list is below:
Date Game Player(s)
12/21/08 UC Riverside Amanda Johnson
1/8/08 La Tech Marissa Hammond
Albright Records Career Victory Number 400
KAME will televise one
Since joining the WAC in 2000,
The Pack fell at #9/9 Cal on November 16, 2008. In addition to facing #9/9 Cal this season, Nevada beat #7/8 Louisville in the Nugget Classic on November 29.
Senior point guard Dellena Criner and senior forward Cherlanda Franklin have been named team captains as voted on by their teammates.
Criner is a four-year starter for
WAC Play Up Tour to Stop in
The Western Athletic Conference’s Play Up Tour will stop in
$7 per adult
$4 per Youth (12 and under) and Senior (65 and older)
$4 groups of 10 or more
Enjoy prime seats on the floor for all home women’s basketball games for $50 for the entire season (limited availability). General Admission for all other seats is $35. Pack Parties of 10 or more fans are only $4 each ticket.
Tickets can be purchased at the door starting 1 hour prior to the game at
The University and the Reno Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority (RSCVA) will play host to the tournaments at the 11,536-seat
Beginning with the Nevada/Eastern Washington game on Friday, there will be a bicycle given away at each
Criner, Jones Earn Preseason All-WAC Honors
Senior point guard Dellena Criner was selected as the Preseason Player of the Year in the Coaches Poll and was also named to the First Team. Senior guard Brandi Jones was named to the second team in the Coaches Poll. Criner was also named to the First Team in the Media Poll. As a team, the Pack was picked fourth in both polls.
The Pack will host
WOLF PACK BLOG
Thursday, May 21, 2015 - Golf
Monday, March 9, 2015 - Football
Friday, March 6, 2015
Friday, January 30, 2015 - General
Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - Rifle
Tuesday, January 6, 2015 - Track and Field
Monday, January 5, 2015 - General
Tuesday, December 23, 2014 - Track and Field
Saturday, December 13, 2014 - General
Friday, December 5, 2014 - Football
Monday, November 17, 2014 - Football
Monday, November 10, 2014 - Women's Basketball
Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - Swimming & Diving
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Friday, October 17, 2014 - Women's Basketball