Nevada's singles line up against No. 1 Boise State in the semifinals of the Mountain West Championships on Saturday.
April 26, 2014
RENO, Nev. - The University of Nevada men's tennis finished its season on Saturday with a 4-2 loss to Boise State in the Mountain West Championship semifinals.
The No. 4 Wolf Pack came in off a quarterfinal victory over No. 5 Fresno State, but could not continue its winning streak against the top-seeded Broncos on Saturday. Nevada was 0-for-2 in doubles play, and was 2-for-5 in singles play in the loss.
After dropping the opening doubles point, Men's Mountain West Player of the Year Victor Ouvrard knotted the match at 1-1 by rolling past Andy Bettles on court one, 6-2, 6-1. Boise State pulled back ahead 2-1 before Nevada again tied the match, this time on court five where Ryan Andrada stopped Brendan McClain in identical sets, 6-2, 6-2. Boise State would go on to win courts three and four to advance to the finals.
A full updated page for the Men's Mountain West Championships, including photos and updated brackets, can be found on TheMW.com at: http://www.themw.com/#!/page/championship_m-tennis
Tennis Match Results
#4 Nevada vs. #1 Boise State
Mar 28, 2014 at Fresno, Calif.
(Sierra Sport and Racquet Club)
#1 Boise State 4, #4 Nevada 2
- Victor Ouvrard (NEV) def. Andy Bettles (BSU) 6-2, 6-1
- Nathan Sereke (BSU) def. Moez Chargui (NEV) 6-2, 6-2
- Thomas Tenreiro (BSU) def. Quentin Mege (NEV) 6-1, 6-4
- Garrett Patton (BSU) def. Andrew Poustie (NEV) 6-4, 0-6, 6-3
- Ryan Andrada (NEV) def. Brendan McClain (BSU) 6-2, 6-2
- Fernando Sunago (NEV) vs. Toby Mitchell (BSU) 2-6, 6-4, 2-1, unfinished
- #63 Ouvrard/Allan (NEV) vs. Tenreiro/Bettles (BSU) 7-4, unfinished
- Mitchell/Sereke (BSU) def. Mege/Chargui (NEV) 8-1
- Ried/Foley (BSU) def. Sunago/Poustie (NEV) 8-4
#4 Nevada: 19-5, 4-2 MW
#1 Boise State: 27-4
Order of Finish: Doubles (1,2); Singles (1,2,5,3,4)
-- @NevadaWolfPack --