DAVIS, Calif. – The University of Nevada men’s tennis team (8-11) could not top UC Davis (12-7) on Wednesday night. The Wolf Pack will play its final match at Fresno State before the Mountain West Tournament.
The Aggies won our court No. 2 to start the doubles, with Bryce McKelvie and James Wade taking down Augustin Delahodde and Peter O’Donovan 6-0. The Wolf Pack would respond with Julien Evrard and Robert Margitfalvi defeating Alex Adamson and Max Pham of the Aggies 6-2. The final doubles match to finish featured Mile Cilic and Kostya Nesterenko, but they were downed by Tommy Lam and David Goulak 6-4 and UC Davis took the doubles point.
UC Davis would win the first three singles matches that finished, with the clinching point coming on court No. 5 where Eli Whittle defeated Delahodde 2-6, 6-1, 6-3. Margitfalvi and Cilic would pick up two points for the Wolf Pack with victories on courts No. 3 and 4, but the Aggies would end the afternoon with a win on court No. 2 over Kostya Nesterenko and a 5-2 victory over Nevada.
Nevada will travel to face Mountain West foe Fresno State on Saturday before playing in the Mountain West Tournament. Follow men’s tennis on Twitter @WolfPackMTennis for updates on the team throughout the season.
Tennis Match Results
Nevada vs UC Davis
Apr 19, 2017 at Davis, California
UC Davis 5, Nevada 2
1. James Wade (UCD) def. Julien Evrard (NEVADA) 6-3, 7-6
2. Alec Adamson (UCD) def. Kostya Nesterenko (NEVADA) 6-4, 4-6, 7-5
3. Robert Margitfalvi (NEVADA) def. Bryce McKelvie (UCD) 4-6, 7-6, 10-3
4. Mile Cilic (NEVADA) def. Everett Maltby (UCD) 7-6, 2-6, 6-3
5. Eli Whittle (UCD) def. Augustin Delahodde (NEVADA) 2-6, 6-1, 6-3
6. Jesse Ross (UCD) def. Jonathan Aremon (NEVADA) 7-6, 6-4
1. Tommy Lam/David Goulak (UCD) def. Kostya Nesterenko/Mile Cilic (NEVADA) 6-4
2. Bryce McKelvie/James Wade (UCD) def. Augustin Delahodde/Peter O'Donovan (NEVADA) 6-0
3. Julien Evrard/Robert Margitfalvi (NEVADA) def. Alec Adamson/Max Pham (UCD) 6-2
UC Davis 12-7
Order of finish: Doubles (2,3,1); Singles (6,1,5,3,4,2)