Nevada Drops WAC Contest to No. 39 Fresno State
FRESNO, Calif. - The University of Nevada men's tennis team fell to No. 39 Fresno State 4-0, Friday, in a WAC match on the Bulldogs home court.
Nevada fell to 5-10 (0-2 WAC) with the loss.
Fresno State jumped out to an early 1-0 lead after doubles play, winning at positions No. 2 and No. 3.
After three wins from the Bulldogs in singles play, earning the four points needed to clinch the match, play in the remaining matches was suspended.
For Nevada, Kristian Kuharszky pushed No. 94 Remi Boutillier to three sets before play was halted. At No. 2 singles, he won the first set 6-1, and was up 2-1 in the third before the match was called.
Nevada will continue WAC play this weekend with a contest against Hawaii Saturday at 2:00 p.m.
No. 39 Fresno State 4 Nevada 0
April 15, 2011
Wathen Tennis Center, Fresno, Calif.
1. No. 17 Boutillier/de Villiers (FS) vs. Kuharszky/Ouvrard (NEV), 6-6
2. Alcantara/Diame (FS) def. Derbel/Walker (NEV), 8-2
3. Alapati/Ayoun (FS) def. Reix/Mege (NEV), 8-2
Order of Finish: 2, 3*, 1
1. Rikus de Villiers (FS) vs. Wessim Derbel (NEV), 2-6, 5-3 DNF
2. No. 94 Remi Boutillier (FS) vs. Kristian Kuharszky (NEV), 1-6, 6-0, 1-2 DNF
3. Jean-Charles Diame (FS) def. Victor Ouvrard (NEV), 6-3, 6-2
4. Francis Alcantara (FS) vs. Quentin Mege (NEV), 6-1, 5-1 DNF
5. Nick Papac (FS) vs. Nathan Reix (NEV), 6-1, 6-0
6. David Ayoun (FS) vs. Kyle Walker (NEV), 6-0, 6-2
Order of Finish: 5, 6, 3*