March 23, 2014
RENO, Nev. -- The University of Nevada men's tennis team kept its record on its home courts of Caughlin Athletic Club unblemished with a 7-0 victory over Eastern Washington on Sunday.
The Wolf Pack (11-2) moved to 5-0 when playing at home after bouncing the Eastern Washington Eagles, who fell to 6-7. Nevada didn't drop a match in the win, as they were 2-for-2 in doubles (one match went unfinished) and 6-for-6 in singles play.
"I'n satisfied with how the guys played today," said Kristian Kuharszky, Nevada assistant coach. "They showed good energy and attitudes from the first point on."
Fernando Sunago and Andrew Poustie got the first doubles win on court three, as they took down Rendell Burghart and Luke Ness by a score of 8-1. Moez Chargui and Quentin Mege earned Nevada the early point after rolling Eduardo Bringold and Wacil Bendjelti on court two, also by a score of 8-1.
It was Victor Ouvrard who opened singles play, as the ITA No. 7 Mountain Region Player knocked off Robert Dula on court one, 6-2, 6-0. Andrew Poustie made it 2-0 Nevada after he notched his ninth win of the spring, ousting Bendjelti from court four in straight sets, 6-1, 6-1. Mege clinched the match for Nevada on court three by bouncing Luke Thompson, 6-2, 6-4. Fernando Sunago kept the Nevada streak rolling on court five after he defeated Stefan Farrar, 6-2, 6-1. Moez Chargui added a victory of his own on court two, as he stormed past Bringold 6-2, 6-0. The final victory came from Robert Allan on court six, where he outlasted Luke Ness, 3-6, 6-4, 10-1.
The Wolf Pack will head to Palo Alto, Calif. to battle with Stanford on Monday, March 24 beginning at 12 pm. Results can be found at www.NevadaWolfPack.com immediately following match conclusion.
Tennis Match Results
Nevada vs. Eastern Washington
Mar 23, 2014 at Reno, Nev.
(Caughlin Athletic Club)
Nevada 7, Eastern Washington 0
- Victor Ouvrard (NEV) def. Robert Dula (EWU) 6-2, 6-0
- Moez Chargui (NEV) def. Eduardo Bringold (EWU) 6-2, 6-0
- Quentin Mege (NEV) def. Luke Thompson (EWU) 6-2, 6-4
- Andrew Poustie (NEV) def. Wacil Bendjelti (EWU) 6-1, 6-1
- Fernando Sunago (NEV) def. Stefan Farrar (EWU) 6-2, 6-1
- Robert Allan (NEV) def. Luke Ness (EWU) 3-6, 6-4, 10-1
- Ouvrard/Allan (NEV) vs. Dula/Thompson (EWU) UNFINISHED
- Mege/Chargui (NEV) def. Bringold/Bendjelti (EWU) 8-1
- Sunago/Poustie (NEV) vs. Burghart/Ness (EWU) 8-1
Order of Finish: Doubles (3,2); Singles (1,4,3,5,1,6)
-- @NevadaWolfPack --