March 4, 2012
RENO, Nev. -- In a tightly contested match, the University of Nevada men's tennis team dropped a 4-3 decision to Pacific on the courts at the Lakeridge Tennis Club Saturday.
The loss dropped Nevada to 5-5 (0-1 WAC), while Pacific improved to 4-5 (1-0 Big West).
In the final singles match of the evening, Jordan Rozenfeld was called for a foot fault by the head official on match point, giving the win to Erik Cedarwall and Pacific.
In doubles play, Echargui and Quentin Mege snagged Nevada's only win at No. 2.
Nevada will head back out onto the road for two matches in Santa Barbara, Calif. next week, with the first coming against the Gauchos Sunday at 1 p.m. The Pack will stay in southern California to take on Hawai'i on Tuesday at 1:30 p.m.
Pacific 4, Nevada 3
Lakeridge Tennis Club (Reno, Nev.)
March 3, 2012
1)Castro/Golding (Pacific) def Derbel/Sunago (Nevada) 8-6
2) Nathan Reix/Echargui (Nevada) def Alex Hamilton/Krzyszkowski (Pacific) 8-6
3)Cedarwall/Goncalvess (Pacific) def Philip Hinojosa/Mege (Nevada) 8-5
1) Wessim Derbel (Nevada) def Ivan Castro (Pacific) 6-1,6-3
2) Victor Ouvrard (Nevada) def Alex Golding (Pacific) 6-3, 6-2
3) Moez Echargui (Nevada) def Tomasz Krzyszkowski (Pacific) 4-6,6-1,7-5
4) Ben Mirkin (Pacific) def Quentin Mege (Nevada) 6-1,2-6,6-2
5) Erik Cedarwall (Pacific) def Jordan Rozenfeld (Nevada) 6-2, 7-6(8)
6) Valentin Goncalves Jr. (Pacific) def Fernando Sunago (Nevada) 6-4,6-2