McNeal, Tenpenny selected as Mountain West Players of the Week
Nov. 18, 2013
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Colorado State sophomore running back Kapri Bibbs has been named Mountain West Offensive Player of the Week, while Nevada junior linebacker Jonathan McNeal and senior punter Chase Tenpenny earned MW Defensive and Special Teams honors, respectively. It is the second-straight MW weekly accolade for Bibbs, while McNeal and Tenpenny earn their first career awards.
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
KAPRI BIBBS, COLORADO STATE
Sophomore, Running Back, Plainfield, Ill./Snow College
• Bibbs ran 38 times for 291 yards and six touchdowns in Colorado State’s 66-42 win at New Mexico.
• The 291 rushing yards are the third-most in a single game in program history, tied for third-most in a single game in MW history and tied for the sixth-best rushing performance among FBS players this season.
• Bibbs’ six rushing touchdowns are the most in a single game in CSU history and the most by an FBS rusher this season. Furthermore, the six rushing touchdowns equals the Mountain West record set by Nevada’s Stefphon Jefferson on Sept., 22, 2012 at Hawai’i.
• The 38 rushing attempts and six rushing touchdowns set a sophomore class Conference single-game records.
• The 38 carries ties Bibbs for seventh-most in a single game among all FBS rushers this season.
• Saturday marked Bibbs’ fifth-consecutive game with at least three rushing touchdowns and his sixth of the season. Bibbs is now one of four FBS running backs to rush for at least three rushing touchdowns in six games in a single season since 2000. The last FBS running back to accomplish this feat was current Denver Bronco Monte Ball, who did it for Wisconsin in 2011.