- Marko Mitchell caught a career-high nine passes for a career-high 135 yards on the day. He caught a nine-yard touchdown pass from Colin Kaepernick in the second quarter, his second receiving touchdown of the year.
- Junior kicker Brett Jaekle connected on field goals of 22 and 36 yards in the first half. He has made five straight field goals and 11 of his last 12 attempts dating back to the MPC Computers Bowl against
- Redshirt freshman Colin Kaepernick came on in the second quarter to quarterback
- Kaepernick completed 23 of 36 pass attempts for 384 yards and four touchdowns (all career highs). He also rushed 12 times for 60 yards and one touchdown.
- Junior center Dominic Green made his first start of the season after missing the first three games with a broken foot. He played last week at center and guard but did not start.
“His foot will be need to have surgery on Monday and yes he will be done for the year. He injured some tendons in his foot.”
“It was poor defensive football and special teams play was abominable. There is no excuse for us to play that poorly. Offensively we had good scoring turnarounds. In the fourth quarter our offense did well. I thought (quarterback Colin) Kaepernick did well.
“He did well managing the game. It was a tough situation being behind and trying to catch up but you can see his potential.”
“I counted six dropped passes. That is hard to accept especially in the first half it showed a lack of focus.”
Ault on what needs to change before the
“We will lead the team so they will have direction. You have to find a way to rebound. These are good kids and I’m disappointed with how we have responded when faced with adversity. Our defense just did not respond and I take responsibility for that.”
“I’m happy with the way I played. The offensive line did great buying me time.”
“We can’t give up and we can’t let it happen in our house. We wanted to put points on the board.”
“Those dropped passes were me trying to break my team out of a slump trying to make plays. But, they were dropped so I didn’t make the plays.”
Mitchell on what
“We all fight no matter what no matter what team or how many points we’re down.”
Fresno State Quotes
Fresno State head coach Pat Hill on the game:
“Great win, great win, a lot of guys having to play a lot different positions. I was very pleased. They got a little sloppy towards the end. We didn’t have the ball very much but we scored on big plays. A lot of big plays and that’s what we need to get going.”
Hill on special teams:
“I thought Special teams was good. We blocked a kick for a touchdown. I thought we played with great effort today.”
Hill on offense:
“I don’t think offense and execution was that bad. We thought we can run the football on these guys and they did.
“Today I give a lot of credit to our offensive staff.
Fresno State running back Ryan Mathews on the game:
We’ve been working hard all week. We just got out here and we knew we had to run the ball real well.”
Mathews on this week:
“I had the flu all this week. I didn’t even practice until Thursday. After I ran that big play early in the game and I had to throw up.