Nevada Notes & Quotes
- With the 81-55 victory over
- The Wolf Pack won their Western Athletic Conference opener for the fourth time in five years.
- Junior Marcelus Kemp led the team with 22 points, his seventh 20-point game of the year.
- Senior Nick Fazekas turned in his 11th double-double of the year with 19 points on 7-of-8 shooting and 11 rebounds in just 20 minutes.
- The team shot 56.6 percent from the field and made 46.7 percent of its three-pointers (7-15). The Wolf Pack also outrebounded
- With four steals, which tied his season high, senior Kyle Shiloh has moved into ninth place on the
- Freshman JaVale McGee blocked a career-best four shots tonight, while junior David Ellis added a career-high seven points on 3-of-5 shooting.
“We played well. We played
“We got our first win in WAC play. Any win is a good win.”
“I’m pleased, we were able to win a basketball game. We played fairly sharp in the first half.”
Fox on getting the younger players minutes:
“There was a lot of positive things (with getting the younger players minutes). It was the first time the new guys were able to play together and they did some nice things. They made some mistakes but they will learn from that.”
“Our guys got decent looks but just couldn’t put the ball in the basket.”
“We had an urgency to have possessions that were not quick, but we chose not to do that.”
“Far and away, they are the best team we’ve played because they do everything well.”
On what the team needs to do to improve.
“We’ve got to work on everything. It’s the best thing to do, top to bottom.”