Dec. 15, 2012
University of Nevada Men's Basketball
- Nevada improved to 7-4 after defeating San Francisco (5-3) 59-51 today.
- Nevada's fourth-year head coach David Carter is now 69-43 at Nevada. The 69 wins are ninth most in school history.
- The 59 points for Nevada is a season low as is the 51 by USF. The 51 points is the fewest points allowed by Nevada this season. The previous low was 56 to Cal Poly on Tuesday.
- Nevada has won three in a row for the second time this season.
- The Wolf Pack is 6-1 at home after today's victory.
- For the second game in a row Nevada held a double figure rebounding advantage 45-30. On Tuesday the Pack outrebounded Cal Poly 47-31. On the offensive backboards Nevada held a 14-7 advantage today.
- The two teams combined to go four-for-38 from behind the arc. Nevada was two-for-23 and USF two-for-15.
- Deonte Burton scored a game-high 14 points. It is seventh time he led the Pack in scoring and sixth time he posted a game-high.
- Kevin Panzer and Jordan Burris each had seven rebounds for Nevada. It was the third time that each led the team in rebound which is tied with Cole Huff for the most by a Nevada player this year.
- Burris was the other Pack player in double figures finishing with 11 points. Since being inserted into the starting lineup the last four games he has scored in double figures three times. Tuesday he totaled 13.
- For the seventh time this season the Pack bench outscored its opponent, 16-7.
- Malik Story had his streak of seven games scoring in double figures snapped finishing with seven.
- Burton and Story have started all 78 games of their Nevada careers.
- Nevada hosts Cal State San Marcos on Friday at 7 p.m.