Nevada Sports Medicine Policies
Scope of Care and Coverage
The intent of this document is to outline the scope of care and coverage provided by the Athletic Training staff to the athletic teams of the University of Nevada. Our current staff and respective team coverage responsibilities will be discussed along with further explanations of the coverage of home events, away events, practices, and "non-traditional" playing seasons.
Our staff consists of 5 full time certified athletic trainers and 3 additional graduate athletic trainers and athletic training students.
- All home events involving University of Nevada teams will have a certified athletic trainer on campus for the duration of the competition.
- A certified athletic trainer will travel with and attend all away competitions for sports in their primary season who are directly assigned a staff member.
- Practices will be covered on a daily basis in their primary seasons for sports directly assigned a staff member.
- Off campus "home" events are treated on a case by case basis. There are multiple variables to consider with these events.
- Sport coverage for non-traditional seasons is limited due to staffing issues. Priority is always placed on sports in their traditional season.
- A certified athletic trainer will be on campus for all non-traditional practices occurring within our normal operating hours of 6:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Weekends and practice times outside of normal operating hours will be covered depending on the event schedule.
- Home events will be covered for non-traditional seasons.
- Away events will be covered if staff is available.
- Due to the nature of the sport, football will have coverage for all non-traditional practices.
Equipment Check Out Procedures
Any equipment issued to student-athletes or faculty must be checked out. Example: crutches, TENS unit, wraps, braces, etc. The student-athlete for faculty member must speak with an Athletic Trainer to fill out the Equipment Check Out Form. When equipment is returned, it will be noted on the check out form. Individuals will be charged for any unreturned or damaged equipment.
Policies and Guidelines
STAR OF THE WEEK
April 28-May 4
For the weekend, Jones threw 14.0 innings of work, compiled a 0.50 ERA and racked up 19 strikeouts, while not issuing a single walk. She earned two wins against Utah State as Nevada swept the Aggies.
WOLF PACK BLOG
Wednesday, August 20, 2014 - Baseball
Thursday, August 14, 2014
Friday, August 8, 2014 - Baseball
Friday, August 1, 2014
Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - Women's Basketball
Friday, July 11, 2014 - Baseball
Friday, June 27, 2014 - Football
Monday, June 23, 2014 - Women's Basketball
Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - Golf
Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - General
Thursday, May 22, 2014
Tuesday, May 20, 2014 - Baseball
Friday, May 16, 2014 - Baseball
Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - Men's Basketball
Thursday, May 1, 2014 - Women's Basketball