Nevada Sports Medicine Policies
Scope of Care and Coverage
The intent of this document is to outline the scope of care and coverage provided by the Athletic Training staff to the athletic teams of the University of Nevada. Our current staff and respective team coverage responsibilities will be discussed along with further explanations of the coverage of home events, away events, practices, and "non-traditional" playing seasons.
Our staff consists of five full-time certified athletic trainers, three additional graduate athletic trainers, two certified athletic training interns and athletic training students.
- All home events involving University of Nevada teams will have a certified athletic trainer on campus for the duration of the competition.
- A certified athletic trainer will travel with and attend all away competitions for sports in their primary season who are directly assigned a staff member.
- Practices will be covered on a daily basis in their primary seasons for sports directly assigned a staff member.
- Sport coverage for non-traditional seasons is covered as staffing is allowed.
- A certified athletic trainer will be on campus for all non-traditional practices during our normal business hours of 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Weekends and practice times outside of normal operating hours will be covered depending on the event schedule.
- Home events will be covered for non-traditional seasons.
- Away events will be covered if staff is available.
- Due to the nature of the sport, football will have coverage for all non-traditional practices.
Policies and Guidelines
STAR OF THE WEEK
2016-17 Student Athlete of the Week
Women's Swimming & Diving
After sweeping all three diving competitions, Sharae Zheng helped lead the Pack to a third place finish at the 2017 Mountain West Championships. Not only did she become just the third diver in MW history to win all three events, Zheng finished the weekend setting two MW records. As a program, the Pack has now won 14 of the 15 diving events at the championships, since Nevada joined the MW five years ago.
- ATHLETE OF THE MONTH