Nevada Sports Medicine Policies
Scope of Care and Coverage
The intent of this document is to outline the scope of care and coverage provided by the Athletic Training staff to the athletic teams of the University of Nevada. Our current staff and respective team coverage responsibilities will be discussed along with further explanations of the coverage of home events, away events, practices, and "non-traditional" playing seasons.
Our staff consists of five full-time certified athletic trainers, three additional graduate athletic trainers, two certified athletic training interns and athletic training students.
- All home events involving University of Nevada teams will have a certified athletic trainer on campus for the duration of the competition.
- A certified athletic trainer will travel with and attend all away competitions for sports in their primary season who are directly assigned a staff member.
- Practices will be covered on a daily basis in their primary seasons for sports directly assigned a staff member.
- Sport coverage for non-traditional seasons is covered as staffing is allowed.
- A certified athletic trainer will be on campus for all non-traditional practices during our normal business hours of 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Weekends and practice times outside of normal operating hours will be covered depending on the event schedule.
- Home events will be covered for non-traditional seasons.
- Away events will be covered if staff is available.
- Due to the nature of the sport, football will have coverage for all non-traditional practices.
Policies and Guidelines
STAR OF THE WEEK
Senior Anna Cameron, making just her second career start, shattered her career-high in points by posting 17 in helping the Pack earn an 83-57 win over Cal State Stanislaus. She also grabbed three rebounds, dished out two assists and recorded a steal in 19 minutes on the floor.
WOLF PACK BLOG
Saturday, December 13, 2014 - General
Friday, December 5, 2014 - Football
Monday, November 17, 2014 - Football
Monday, November 10, 2014 - Women's Basketball
Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - Swimming & Diving
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Friday, October 17, 2014 - Women's Basketball
Tuesday, October 14, 2014 - Rifle
Monday, October 13, 2014 - Golf
Thursday, October 9, 2014 - Football
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
Monday, September 29, 2014 - Men's Basketball
Monday, September 22, 2014 - Football
Tuesday, September 9, 2014 - Men's Tennis
Friday, August 22, 2014 - General