Nevada Sports Medicine Policies
Scope of Care and Coverage
The intent of this document is to outline the scope of care and coverage provided by the Athletic Training staff to the athletic teams of the University of Nevada. Our current staff and respective team coverage responsibilities will be discussed along with further explanations of the coverage of home events, away events, practices, and "non-traditional" playing seasons.
Our staff consists of five full-time certified athletic trainers, three additional graduate athletic trainers, two certified athletic training interns and athletic training students.
- All home events involving University of Nevada teams will have a certified athletic trainer on campus for the duration of the competition.
- A certified athletic trainer will travel with and attend all away competitions for sports in their primary season who are directly assigned a staff member.
- Practices will be covered on a daily basis in their primary seasons for sports directly assigned a staff member.
- Sport coverage for non-traditional seasons is covered as staffing is allowed.
- A certified athletic trainer will be on campus for all non-traditional practices during our normal business hours of 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Weekends and practice times outside of normal operating hours will be covered depending on the event schedule.
- Home events will be covered for non-traditional seasons.
- Away events will be covered if staff is available.
- Due to the nature of the sport, football will have coverage for all non-traditional practices.
Policies and Guidelines
STAR OF THE WEEK
Sept. 28 - Oct. 4
Madison Morell had a career-day in Nevada's 3-2 upset of No. 25 Wyoming. Morell set a new career-high with 31 kills, including five in the fifth set. Her 31 kills was just one shy of tying the program record of 32 set by Lauren Netherby. The Plano, Texas, native is the first player in the Mountain West this season to register 30+ kills and is also tied for ninth in the nation for most kills in a five-set match this season.
View all 2015-16 honorees.
WOLF PACK BLOG
Monday, June 29, 2015 - Women's Basketball
Monday, June 8, 2015
Thursday, May 28, 2015 - General
Thursday, May 21, 2015 - Golf
Monday, March 9, 2015 - Football
Friday, March 6, 2015
Friday, January 30, 2015 - General
Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - Rifle
Tuesday, January 6, 2015 - Track and Field
Monday, January 5, 2015 - General
Tuesday, December 23, 2014 - Track and Field
Saturday, December 13, 2014 - General
Friday, December 5, 2014 - Football
Monday, November 17, 2014 - Football
Monday, November 10, 2014 - Women's Basketball