On October 8,
- Head-to-head competitions will be worth 3 points
- Series or home-and-home competitions will be worth a total of 3 points; head-to-head competition in the conference tournament will serve as a tie-breaker (if available); 1.5 points for
seriestie in the event the teams split in the regular season and don't play head-to-head in the conference tournament.
- Highest finish in Mountain West Championships will be used for sports that don't compete head-to-head or in a series
- 3 points will be awarded for sport-by-sport comparison of APR scores (school with the most "wins" by sport in the head-to-head comparisons will be awarded 3 points; 1.5 point
perinstitutionin the event of tie)
- Winning institution will
be retainthe trophy for one (1) year
- In the event of a tie, the winner of the Battle for Fremont Cannon football game will be used as the tie-breaker
|UNLV Rebels||CURRENT SCORE: 24 - 24 (Nevada Wins)
||Nevada Wolf Pack|
|Oct. 15||Women's Swimming & Diving||Rivalry Game||Reno, Nev.||Wolf Pack 144, Rebels 98|
|Oct. 28||Women's Cross Country||Mountain West Championship||Boise, Idaho||Wolf Pack 7th,
|Oct. 28||Soccer||Rivalry Game||Reno||Rebels 4, Wolf Pack 2|
|Nov. 19||Volleyball||Rivalry Game||Las Vegas||Wolf Pack 3, Rebels 1|
|Nov. 26||Football||Rivalry Game||Las Vegas||Wolf Pack 45, Rebels 10|
|Feb. 8||Men's Basketball||Rivalry Game||Reno||Wolf Pack 104, Rebels 77|
|Feb. 8||Women's Basketball||Rivalry Game||Las Vegas||Rebels 60, Wolf Pack 41|
|Feb. 15-18||Women's Swimming & Diving||Mountain West Championship||College Station, Texas||Wolf Pack 3rd, Rebels 8th|
|Feb. 25||Men's Basketball||Rivalry Game||Las Vegas||Wolf Pack 94, Rebels 58|
|Feb. 25||Women's Basketball||Rivalry Game||Reno||Rebels 64, Wolf Pack 49|
|Feb. 23-25||Women's Indoor Track & Field||Mountain West Championship||Albuquerque, N.M.||Rebels 2nd, Wolf Pack 5th|
|April 7||Men's Tennis*||Rivalry Series||Las Vegas||Rebels 4, Wolf Pack 1|
|April 14||Women's Tennis*||Rivalry Match||Las Vegas||Rebels 5, Wolf Pack 2|
|April 14-16||Softball||Rivalry Series||Reno||Wolf Pack 2, Rebels 1|
|April 17-19||Women's Golf||Mountain West Championship||Rancho Mirage, Calif.||Rebels 1st, Wolf Pack 6th|
|April 21-23||Men's Golf||Mountain West Championship||Tucson, Ariz.||Rebels 1st, Wolf Pack 6th|
|May 10-13||Women's Outdoor Track & Field||Mountain West Championship||Logan, Utah||Rebels 3rd, Wolf Pack 4|
|May 12-14||Baseball||Rivalry Series||Las Vegas||Wolf Pack 2, Rebels 1|
|Academic Progress Rate||Academic Component||Wolf Pack 8, Rebels 4, Tie 2|
|Points left to be awarded in 2016-17: None. Nevada wins via tie-breaker.
Points awarded in 2016-17: Women's Cross Country, Soccer, Volleyball, Football, Women's Swimming & Diving, Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball, Women's Indoor Track & Field, Softball, Women's Golf, Men's Golf, Men's Tennis, Women's Tennis, Baseball, Outdoor Track & Field, Academic Progress Rate.
* -- Points will be awarded after the MW Championships as the possibility of a rematch from head-to-head meetings exists.
STAR OF THE WEEK
2016-17 Student Athlete of the Week
Senior Trevor Charpie pitched his first complete game of the season in a 5-2 victory at New Mexico. After allowing two runs in the first inning he pitched eight shutout innings and had a stretch or retiring nine consecutive hitters. He allowed just five hits in the game and two after the first inning.
- ATHLETE OF THE MONTH