On October 8, 2012 Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval announced the launch of the Governor's Series, presented by NV Energy. This historic, new competition establishes a formal head-to-head athletic and academic challenge between longtime rivals -- the UNLV Rebels and the Nevada Wolf Pack. The all-encompassing competition will annually crown one school the winner of the Governor's Series.
- Head-to-head competitions will be worth 3 points
- Series or home-and-home competitions will be worth a total of 3 points; head-to-head competition in the conference tournament will serve as a tie-breaker (if available); 1.5 points for series tie in the event the teams split in the regular season and don't play head-to-head in the conference tournament.
- Highest finish in Mountain West Championships will be used for sports that don't compete head-to-head or in a series
- 3 points will be awarded for sport-by-sport comparison of APR scores (school with the most "wins" by sport in the head-to-head comparisons will be awarded 3 points; 1.5 point perinstitution in the event of tie)
- Winning institution will be retain the trophy for one (1) year
- In the event of a tie, the winner of the Battle for Fremont Cannon football game will be used as the tie-breaker
|UNLV Rebels||CURRENT SCORE: 3.0-9.0||Nevada Wolf Pack|
|Oct. 15||Women's Swimming & Diving||Rivalry Game||Reno, Nev.||Wolf Pack 144, Rebels 98|
|Oct. 28||Women's Cross Country||Mountain West Championship||Boise, Idaho||Wolf Pack 7th, Rebles 11th|
|Oct. 28||Soccer||Rivalry Game||Reno||Rebels 4, Wolf Pack 2|
|Nov. 19||Volleyball||Rivalry Game||Las Vegas||Wolf Pack 3, Rebels 1|
|Nov. 26||Football||Rivalry Game||Las Vegas||Wolf Pack 45, Rebels 10|
|Feb. 8||Men's Basketball||Rivalry Game||Reno||TBA|
|Feb. 8||Women's Basketball||Rivalry Game||Las Vegas||6:00 p.m.|
|Feb. 15-18||Women's Swimming & Diving||Mountain West Championship||College Station, Texas||All Day|
|Feb. 25||Men's Basketball||Rivalry Game||Las Vegas||TBA|
|Feb. 25||Women's Basketball||Rivalry Game||Reno||4:00 p.m.|
|Feb. 23-25||Women's Indoor Track & Field||Mountain West Championship||Albuquerque, N.M.||All Day|
|April 7||Men's Tennis||Rivalry Series||Las Vegas||TBA|
|April 14||Women's Tennis||Rivalry Match||Las Vegas||12:00 p.m.|
|April 14-16||Softball||Rivalry Series||Reno||TBA|
|April 17-19||Women's Golf||Mountain West Championship||Rancho Mirage, Calif.||All Day|
|April 21-23||Men's Golf||Mountain West Championship||Tucson, Ariz.||All Day|
|May 10-13||Women's Outdoor Track & Field||Mountain West Championship||Logan, Utah||All Day|
|May 12-14||Baseball||Rivalry Series||Las Vegas||TBA|
|Academic Progress Rate||Academic Component|
|Points left to be awarded in 2016-17: Men's Basketball*, Women's Basketball*, Women's Swimming & Diving*, Women's Indoor Track & Field, Baseball, Men's Tennis, Women's Tennis, Softball, Women's Golf, Men's Golf, Women's Outdoor Track & Field, Academic Progress Rate.
Points awarded in 2016-17: Women's Cross Country, Soccer, Volleyball, Football
* -- Points will be awarded after the MW Championships as the possibility of a rematch from head-to-head meetings exists.
STAR OF THE WEEK
2016-17 Student Athlete of the Week
Women's Swimming & Diving
In her final meet inside Lombardi Pool, senior Teresa Baerens notched off individual victories in all three events she competed. Her performance in the pool helped lead the Pack to its fifth dual meet win of the season, extending the team’s winning streak to 15 meets, dating back to last season.
- ATHLETE OF THE MONTH